Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Rustic Christmas

I don't know if any of you have a little cowgirl spirit inside of you. I surely do (a lot, actually!) I got to have lunch at a beautiful winery this past weekend.  Swiftwater Cellars  is on the Suncadia Resort in the historic mountain town of Roslyn, Washington.

It is a very rustic, lodgey looking building with amazing architecture and beams to resemble the former coal mine Number 9, the property the cellar sits on.

Number 9 wine, which is very good!


The winery was decked out for the holidays and I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures on my small point and shoot camera (hence the grainy quality, sorry.)


That is one amazing fireplace!


Looking up, the beams resemble the inside of a mine shaft.


 This tree was outside their upscale gift shop, Lush. It was tall and lovely!


It is hard to tell from this picture, but it was filled with long feathers and leopard print garland and gold ornaments. The Christmas balls were huge~ nearly the size of cantaloupes!


Lots of cozy throws and fancy hair-on-hide chairs~


I was "pining" for a lot of things in the gift shop......


I almost curled up in this amazing leopard print chair under this decadent faux fur throw and read a book.....(it was dumping snow outside, after all.)


These faux puppies were cute and very quiet, obviously.



I could actually see some of Farmboy's handmade barn wood frames and mirrors fitting right in and selling in this gift shop........ which reminds me, soon I will be featuring some of the frames that will be available in our space All That Jazz Vintage next week!


I hope you are staying cozy this winter, wherever you are!


~michelle~

11 comments:

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

Love that place Michelle!! Hope you are doing great my friend! We still need to get together sometime!! Hugs~ Rachel :)

*French Farmhouse 425*

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Looks like a fun place to visit! Love all the beautiful stonework! The faux puppies are so cute!

Tara said...

I thought those pups were real at first glance! I think rustic places like this look so beautiful decked out for Christmas, all that wood and stone just lends itself to decorating with natural elements.

Polly said...

Thanks for sharing! I think my favorite is the deer beside the tree! We went to an open house at a vodka and gin distillery over the weekend. I had never been to such a place...it was pretty cool. Glad you had a fun time!!

xo

Polly

Unknown said...

beautiful! looks like a wonderful place to visit..especially at christmastime.

xo,

annie

Desert Rose said...

Just love that decor...rustic elegant! How was lunch???

Tricia said...

Wow! That's quite the place. What an amazing fireplace :)

BTW, I had to laugh at the comment you left me about not using gift bags this year...I decided that last year too and things look much nicer :)

cowgirljlynn said...

Wow, really beautiful... maybe Santa will bring me one of those chairs!!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Gorgeous and cozy...thanks for sharing!

Simple Daisy said...

Oh my...What a beautiful place!!

June said...

Hi michelle,
I love lodges like this. We have several in Sun Valley, and it is awesome to go sit on the hearths and watch the people. I haven't been in one for a few years, so I am so glad you would take me along to this one. Wow,
is it beautiful! I loved those cute little doggies in the giftshop. Thay look so real.
I loved the sweet Christams letters you wrote in your childhood...what a wonderful momma you have to have kept them all these years!
I want to wish you a wonderful Christmas with your family sweet friend!
hugs to you...