Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Friday everyone! Or should I say "Happy Royal Wedding Day?" Aren't you just dying to see how it all came together??

I've been a busy bee this week!

I wanted to share with you a few recent projects. First, I made a bunny for Farmboy's daughter. This was something I will probably never do again, goodness gracious! I had a co-worker make a pattern. She did a darling job but I had her do it again because the first one didn't allow for a seam allowance.



I have made plenty of pillows. Square shaped, simple pillows. I have never tried anything with curves! Somehow Mr. Bunny still didn't come out looking much like the pattern. This was definitely a gift made with love, not an expert's eye. But I did love the fabrics. A co-worker even commented, "It looks, very, um- Shabby Chic!" Bingo. I used fabrics that I featured in this post (second hand twin sheet and placemats.)

I filled the bunny with dried lavender along with the stuffing so it'd smell good. And I put a little heart on the front.



And a pocket on the back. I put a card inside with a special message handwritten on it.



Farmgirl's daugher really liked the bunny so I was happy! It was a fabulous Easter weekend!



Another recent project was to paint these faux ceiling tile style picture frames I found at the thrift shop.



I took some white paint to them then sanded them up a bit. Now I just need to print some photos for them! I think they will look great when grouped with my barnwood frames.


I wanted to show you our new business cards! I loved our first design but the print was so faint I don't think anyone could read it. We got our cards at Vistaprint.



Amanda from Girl In Pink got her giveaway goodies from us this week!! She posted about it here, be sure to stop by and say hello!!


I think we are finally going to see some spring sunshine this weekend! I need to figure out some free time to take some new items to Jazz, I have lots of great goodies waiting to be scooped up! Don't forget about our special coupon for 20% off any one item in our vendor space! You can print the coupon below:



See you next week!


~michelle~

7 comments:

Lolo @ The Adventures of Stig and Lolo said...

He is so sweet Michelle :) Love the lil patch heart and the pocket in the back! And nice score on the tin picture frames at the thrift shop :)
Have a great weekend my dear!!

XOX

B said...

Happy Royal Wedding Day to you too! As a Brit I have to say I have never been more proud of my heritage as I was today. I hope you get a chance to watch the fabulousness unfold! Awww, loving little bunny, very cute :O)
B xxxx

cowgirljlynn said...

Your little bunny turned out really cute.. love auntie

Junebug Furniture and Design said...

Very sweet bunny! Love the soft prints too!
Have a great weekend!

XO Glad & Celia

P.S. We are having a sweet giveaway ~ cupcakes...Yummmm! Stop by if you have a minute.

Desert Rose said...

The baunny is cute...you should make some kittens and puppys for the store...!

Tara said...

I bet she loved the bunny. I love the fabric. Those tin picture frames are great too!

Rozmeen said...

Such a lovely bunny!

Wishing you a lovely evening,
Rozmeen