Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wildflowers

Spring wildflowers are gorgeous.

I came home on Friday to see that my Farmboy had picked me a small vase of wildflowers and even stuck them in a cute little green jar which he must have known I'd love!


There was balsam root (yellow) and wild lupine (purple.) I have never seen lupine before! There were several others I still have to learn the names of. So pretty! It was the perfect surprise to start of my Memorial Day weekend.

It is hard to believe that it is June. It is still feeling a bit like March around these parts. I am ready to get out the flip-flops permanently! Next weekend, I hope to get my flower pots re-planted. My lavender plants survived the winter but I do not see them attempting to sprout stems or bloom yet. I want to plant basil and chives and more lavender. And maybe some tomatoes and colorful flowers for the porch. 
I hope you are all having a great week! Stay tuned, Tara got some of that fancy smancy chalk paint and will be starting some new painting projects soon, hopefully she'll stop by and share them with us!


~michelle~


4 comments:

Tara said...

What a sweetie! They look like a true farm girl bouquet. Fancy smancy paint is right. So far it's fun to work with but the whole look will change when I add the wax, I'm not at that step yet! I am hoping by tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning. I'm working on that rolltop desk and the sucker has a lot of nooks and crannies and everything can't be painted all at once. At least I started with the most complicated piece, everything else should be much easier. Dressers are a breeze!
Give me some sun! We're all gonna freak when the temps hit the mid 70's this weekend, we won't know what to do, first time since October!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty bouquet. He is a thoughtful cowboy...

goddessandmagick said...

Cute post!! lavender and wild flowers are my happy thing any day!!! I hope yours will bloom soon. Is perfect to go and have fun at the nursery store too.

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

very pretty!! ;) Hugs,Rachel