Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Little Crown


I love this little crown. This is how I made it:

  • I hand-drew a crown pattern, around 2" wide, on a piece of construction paper.
  • I traced it onto an old silver shopping bag and cut out several (to make a thicker one, try using tagboard.)
  • I spread Elmer's glue thickly all over the top of the crown.
  • I sprinkled on craft glitter (wish I used German glass glitter, it's much prettier!)
  • After the crown was dry I added the flower detail. The little fabric flower and rhinestones were picked up from a local craft/scrapbook store, they have a variety of color combinations!
  • I used Tacky glue to attach the flower and the rhinestone (even though the rhinestone was an adhesive.)
  • Glue the little crown together to close it up.
This is a simple craft children can do! These look great on top of vintage bottles, decorating tables at parties, inside glass trinket boxes, or just as special gifts! The one I featured was on top of Spanish moss, inside a cheese plate painted tourqoise. Magical!

~michelle~

2 comments:

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Too cute.

Tara said...

These were so cute! I still have mine!