Sunday, February 6, 2011

Funky Junk Sisters & New Treasures

I headed to Hillsboro, Oregon with some of the Jazz crew this weekend for the Junk Salvation Vintage Flea Market. It was a super great show and we all found some treasures! Everything I bought was for myself. I had a limit and kept to it.

I was too busy  shopping and making decisions so I didn't take many pictures, but luckily Tara did and she'll share them with you later this week.

I thought this display was super cute with the yellow take-out carton skirt. I think we will have a t-shirts like this made for our cousins reunion in the summer, we have a group photo that will work perfect!


My mom bought this fun old window.

After we left Hillsboro, we refueled over lunch, then hit Monticello in Portland. I have been wanting to go there! Many of the vendors have been at the Barn House events, and several vendors had booths at the Junk Salvation market, too! 

After Monticello, my cousin took us to a few more antique stores. We were on a roll!



This cart is a antique store find, too. Too bad we hadn't found it first, we could have really used one of these at the flea market! (By the way, I think this photo looks a little like a paparazzi shot of my cousin as a celebrity out shopping, hee hee!) Check out that funny green thing in my cousin's cart.


That is a darling old "cakes" tin that Tara spotted for me, knowing I've been looking for tin canisters for storage. The red-top one was only $3 at Monticello. It's beat up but perfectly vintage to me.

Here are my other finds from the day~

 

~Yep, more blue/green mason jars. These had lids. Thank you Bella, my new very very favorite vendors (it's probably a good thing you are so far away......)
~A faux grain sack table runner. I debated on this as I want to try to make some for the party tables. Then I couldn't resist as I'm sure mine won't turn out as nice!
~Rusty wire basket~ I've been looking for a good basket to stack books and magazines in.


Here are a couple more photos from Bella's booth at Monticello:
 
My aunt bought one of their darling cattle lavender sachets~


Okay, back to the Mason jars.


Here is a sneak peek at what I am doing with the blue mason jars for my birthday party.



I just love the warm glow of a tea light in the blue jar, it reminds me of summertime. I used little battery operated candles, much easier to deal with and I can leave the lids on. I will show you soon what I plan to do for flower vases.


Lastly, I wanted to include a photo of a few Valentine's Day embellished vintage bottles that I took to the shop~


I forgot to mention that after flea markets and antique malls, we hit strip mall central. Home Goods, Marshalls....insanity. And I just couldn't get into it. I realized that there is nothing like the thrill of flea markets and antique shops and finding things with character.

I hope you all had fabulous weekends. Did you find any treasures?



~michelle~


7 comments:

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I love your treasures! I went to HomeGoods today and struck out! Maybe next time!

Tara said...

I found too many treasures. I spent more $ on myself than I did for Jazz too! We are both going to have to go on a serious budget! Business only!

Prior said...

So fun looking! Lezlee

Funky Junk Sisters said...

I love all the pictures! Thank you for coming and spending time with all of us... hope your mom enjoys her window! My hubby thought I was crazy putting "WISH" on it. We showed him!!! lol
xoxo
Dixie

Town and Country Gals said...

Michelle,
Wow, you got some great treasures! Especially love the tins! Am very Jealous of all the great shops there! Looks like you guys had a blast!
Rebecca

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Hi Michelle,
Terrific pics of your flea market jaunting. Love the mason jars and sachets (and great window your mom got!).
To answer your question on my blog:
I got my lavender buds from the Ebay shop "Making Scents with Nature" (seller id: manajo), and I've also ordered buds from the Ebay shop "Lavender Luxuries" in the past.
Happy sewing!
- Susan

Megan said...

Hi there! I just found you gals and I'm loving the vibe over her! Can't wait to follow you! Love the mason jars!

Megan

http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com