Friday, February 11, 2011

Thrift Shops, Jeans, and Lemons

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you have a  lot of great activities planned for the weekend. Or not. Relaxing and being lazy is good, too!

I had a successful thrift shop trip yesterday. I think I spent more than I ever have at a thrift shop (and that was with a coupon!)

I found this bluish~green canning jar and this random bouquet of faux forsythia and purple flowers. I already have forsythia so this bunch will end up in a vase in the shop. I do love these colors together!


Here is one of my piles.


I got a cute gray and white striped cardigan sweater dress. I can't wait to wear it with leggings and boots! Also tucked in their is a little baseball tee with the number "24" on the back. A special number to me!


In that pile is a pair of jeans. I hit the jack pot of designer jeans~ so I thought. They were hemmed rather short (I'm 5'3" so that's an understatement.) Alas, they were about an inch and a half too small in the waist. They wouldn't have been last summer. And that is all I'm gonna say about that.




One pair did fit, they were Seven For All Mankind, with fun blue rhinestone detailing on the back pockets. I'll have to wear them cuffed but with flip flops or cowboy boots they'll be adorable! And they were 9.99. They probably originally retailed for over $150. I know, insane!



I also got a great new basket for the bathroom, and some great striped fabric and white napkins for sewing projects.

Lastly, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite products. I do not endorse these for any particular reason other than I love them and how they smell! I am obsessed with anything that smells like lemon verbena or lavender.

First up is this lemon sorbet body cream by L'Occitane. I got this as a gift and it's smells so yummy you want to eat it! Like the fake lemon in the photo? I didn't have any real ones~ hee!


L'Occitane products are wonderful, I use this lavender hand cream every night~


Another great lavender product is Avalon Organics shampoos (they also make skincare products which I have yet to try.) You can find these at most any drugstore and they smell really natural (contains essential oils. I'm picky about my lavender smells they can not be artificial, it is just not the same!)


They aren't full of harsh foamy detergents like a lot of shampoos, so it takes a while to get used to it. They have a lemon shampoo too, I actually like using the lemon clarifying shampoo with the lavender nourishing conditioner.

Do you have any other other lemon or lavender scented beauty products to recommend? I'm a product junky and love trying new things!


I'm off to spend a few hours making new pillows for the shop!

See you next week!


~michelle~

8 comments:

Tara said...

I've been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of some of the "reject" products! You found some cute clothes. I hear you about the extra poundage. I'm up from last summer too!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Looks like you had a great thrifting day...makes me want to go shopping!!

Dear Lillie said...

Wow - what a great day and what beautiful photographs!

whimages said...

Looks like you had a fabulous shopping trip!

very merry vintage style said...

great find on the jeans! I haven't had a thrifting day like this in a while. Your bouquet is amazing in that blue jar--
mary

Desert Rose said...

Well...one bout with the crud and I lost 5 pounds...could use another round or 2 and then I'd be @ my happy weight :)
Happy V day to you sweetie!!!

Honeycomb Creative Co. said...

Hi Michelle! Thanks for entering my giveaway! My flour sack tea towels are from plain old Target : ) But I love them and they're the best texture I've found! I think it's $4 or $5 for a set of three. I have tons of them!
I love everything you featured in this post. And I would never have known that lemon was fake : ) I use Avalon Organics shampoo too except I use the rosemary kind. I love it! You should try their lavender facial moisturizer, it is fabulous! I'm super picky about "authentic" lavender smells too and it's great.
Have a great day!
Courtney

Horse Dreams said...

Love the colors in this post! Great finds at the thrift store. I have been putting lavender oil on my pillow 'cause it is so calming and it seems to help me get good night's sleep.